The Arab Social Media Report series is produced by DSG’s Governance and Innovation Program, and co-authored by Racha Mourtada and Fadi Salem.
Fadi Salem is a Fellow, and Director of the Governance and Innovation Program in the Mohammed bin Rashid School of Government.
Racha Mourtada is a Research Associate in the Governance and Innovation Program in the Mohammed bin Rashid School of Government.
The authors wish to express their personal appreciation to Maryam Minhas, Zargham Minhas and Danya Bashir
for their invaluable contribution to the research; and would like to acknowledge the efforts of the following individuals in providing essential contributions, input and assistance into the report and its related materials:
- Roba Al-Assi
- Hadi Alaeddin
- Marwan Alaeddin
- Dr. Lubna Al-Kazi
- Amna Al-Nuami
- Aisha Al-Shamsi
- Noor Ghazal Aswad
- Lama Ataya
- Stephen Brannon
- Saleha Bu Kattara
- Rama Chakaki of Baraka Ventures
- Ahmad Esmat
- Joe Halliwell
- Deena Al-Hashemi
- Jineesh M. Illath
- Sahar Jawad
- Selma Nagbou
- Asmaa Ramadan
- Heba Shaaban
- Sami Al-Mubarak and Mina Nagy of Taghreedat
- Peggy Trabulsi
- Daniel Winterstein
- Ghaith Yagan
The 3rd edition of the Arab Social Media Report was co-authored by: Racha Mourtada, Fadi Salem, May Dabbagh and Ghalia Gargani
The 5th and 6th edition of the Arab Social Media Report was co-authored by: Racha Mourtada, Fadi Salem, and Sarah Shaer
About the Governance and Innovation Program
The Governance and Innovation Program at MBRSG conducts research and programmatic activities focusing on policies for government innovation and development through information technologies in the Arab states. The objectives of the program are aligned with regional objectives towards nurturing a culture of innovation in society, promoting participatory, inclusive and transparent government models; and enabling more responsive and efficient governance through effective adoption of information technologies.
The program works on three tracks:
- Policy and Scholarly Research: Conducting research focusing on government policies and societal transformation through technological innovation in the Arab region.
- Policy Advisory: The ultimate objective of the Program is to inform present and future Arab policy makers in assessing the impact of the ongoing transformations in their societies and governments; and to help develop locally fitting policies for future governance initiatives.
- Regional Development Activities: The Program brings together regional and international networks of practitioners and scholars working in related areas through programmatic and educational activities, in order to encourage proactive regional knowledge sharing and bridge the gap between policy and research.
About the Mohammed bin Rashid School of Government
The Mohammed bin Rashid School of Government (DSG) is a research and teaching institution focusing on public policy in the Arab world. Established in 2005 under the patronage of HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai, in cooperation with the Harvard Kennedy School, DSG aims to promote good governance through enhancing the region’s capacity for effective public policy.
Toward this goal, the Mohammed bin Rashid School of Government also collaborates with regional and global institutions in its research and training programs. In addition, the School organizes policy forums and international conferences to facilitate the exchange of ideas and promote critical debate on public policy in the Arab world. The School is committed to the creation of knowledge, the dissemination of best practice and the training of policy makers in the Arab world. To achieve this mission, the School is developing strong capabilities to support research and teaching programs including
- applied research in public policy and management.
- master’s degrees in public policy and public administration.
- executive education for senior officials and executives.
- knowledge forums for scholars and policy makers.
For further information or queries, please contact us at: email@example.com